2021 - 17th Annual Fun Hunt and Trap Shoot
DATE March 20, 2021 - Saturday 8:00 AM
(Rain Date: NONE) NOTE: It has to be terrible weather before we move to a rain date. The dogs won't mind a little rain or cold.
The Duck Swamp
10447 – 55th Street, Wapello, IA 52653
[Paper Registration Form] [Driving Directions]
Pre-PAID Registrations ONLY [Register]
Registrations must be received by Monday, March 16th, 2021
We must have 10 full-round registrations for the event to be held. If we do not receive 10 registrations, the event will be canceled and funds returned.
2021 Fun Hunt & Trap Shoot Information
COST: $35.00 EACH BIRD ROUND
Bring your own snacks, sack lunch and beverages!
$10.00 for EACH Round of Trap shot. Winner of each round splits pot with chapter.
NOTE: An Iowa Hunting License is required.
- Bring 1 box of 25 shells for each full round + extra shells for bird field-only run(s). NOTE: Bring extra boxes of shells for participating in the competition trap shoots!
- Shoot 15 clay birds (5 straight; 5 left to right; 5 right to left). Winner of each round splits the pot with the chapter. Compete with your buddies or complete strangers!
- You get 1 point for each clay bird hit.
- Field: 4 Birds (3 Quail and 1 Chukar) — 20 minutes — 5 shells
(Time is not considered part of scoring. Do not run in the field.)
- You get 5 points for each bird bagged.
- You get 1 point for each unused shell. If your dog catches the bird it counts as a shell used.
(If you don’t want to shoot your own birds you may use a gunner. If you don’t have a dog, you may select a partner with a dog to hunt over. Only one gun is allowed in the field. You may split a run. One of you may shoot the clay birds and the other one may shoot the live birds).
- Best Field Score and Best Trap Score may be combined for Best Overall Score.
- Ties will be broken by a trap shoot-off.
All dogs MUST be on lead or crated when not in the field.
No alcohol until all shooting is completed.
Questions: Jeff Henke 563.299.4435 or Bobbi Benson 309.337.7708 EMAIL